Code of Conduct for Coaches, Judges, Officials and Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
1) All coaches, judges, officials and volunteers must:-
2) Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
3) Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
4) Hold the appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
5) Make sure that all activities are appropriate to age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure that all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
6) Display consistently high standards of behavior and appearance, dressing suitably, removing jewellery and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
7) Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
8) Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of performers before transporting them anywhere.
9) Never have performers stay overnight at your home alone.
10) Never exert overdue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
11) Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the BG Child protection procedures.
12) Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
13) Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
14) Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
15) Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.
16) Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Salto Gymnastics Centre.
17) Do not use mobile telephones at any time during a coaching session.
18) Submit all timesheets promptly as late ones may not be
Times and Prices
Tuesday: 8.00pm – 9.30pm
Strictly over 17’s only!
£6 per session pay-as-you-go
Insurance to either British Gymnastics or Irish Gymnastics must also be paid annually.