Salto Safety Preparations For Gymnasts during the pandemic.
To ensure the utmost safety of our members and staff we have prepared the gym for your safe return and have implemented the following measures:
• A deep clean prior to re-opening.
• Staff training on Covid-19 and identification of infection.
• A one way system to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
• Closure of our viewing area.
• Display notifications around the gym outlining our precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19
• Reduced class sizes and no overlapping of classes.
• Hand sanitiser on arrival and departure and at specific apparatus for gymnasts and coaches.
• Gymnasts to arrive already dressed for class with clearly marked water bottle and no bags.
• Parents to drop off at front door and staff to escort gymnasts to and from the gym.
• Pre-prepared lesson plans given to staff before classes which are designed to avoid physical contact or spotting by coaches.
• Pre-set up of equipment – No use of equipment that cannot be cleaned. – wooden bars etc.
• Closure of pitted area.
• No use of props or small equipment or flash cards
• Clear instructions to gymnasts before the class – one-way systems, Social distancing requirements, no high fives, no body contact.
• 15 minutes between classes to allow for mat wiping and cleaning of equipment with alcohol cleanser.
Salto Administration Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the FAQ below before sending us a message.
- Loose clothing is required, something easy to move around in, preferably shorts or leggings and a T shirt.
- You do not have to wear a compulsory Salto uniform but we do sell T-shirts, tracksuits and leotards if you wish to purchase them.
- No socks to be worn, bare feet only. Hair must be tied up and no jewellery is allowed, including earrings.
- Only water bottles are allowed in the gym and can be refilled using the gym’s water fountain.
- Parents are not required to stay on site. Check we have your child’s current contact details should you wish to leave and return at the end of the class.
- Please take your child to the toilet before the start of the class. If your child requires the toilet during the class, they will be escorted by a member of staff. All staff are qualified and enhanced CRB checked.
- A note regarding re-enrolment for the next term will be distributed to the children in their classes, 2 weeks before the end of term. The closing date for payment is always the last day of the previous term. If payment is not made by this time, your place will be allocated to a new member.